Seagate Enterprise 1.2TB 2.5" 2.5" 1200 GB SAS
2.5-Inch HDDs Improve Data Centre Storage Efficiency
Make the transition from standard 3.5-inch form factor drives with limited capacities and slower performance to the larger, faster and best-in-class Enterprise Performance 10K HDD. With up to 2× the capacity and a 70% smaller footprint, data centres can store and access data faster than ever, enabling them to keep pace with data growth while optimising scarce IT real estate.
- Deliver up to 150% faster IOPS with the TurboBoost enhanced cache option than the previous generation
- Store over 100% more data in half the rack space than even the highest-capacity 3.5-inch, 15K HDDs
- Lower power consumption reduces energy and cooling costs
Raid Rebuild Technology Improves Storage Efficiency
Enterprise Performance 10K HDD advanced media management technology improves drive reliability and data integrity. This eighth generation hard drive lets you rest easier knowing your storage devices will perform as expected. This enterprise hard drive features the Seagate® RAID Rebuild™ technology, making RAID recovery faster and safer.
Protect Data with Seagate Secure Technology.
Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K drives are offered in a self-encrypting drive option and can be used as normal drives or as part of a more secure solution at no extra cost.
- Seagate Secure drive options along with the built-in SAS Protection Information1 feature enable companies to protect valuable data, comply with regulatory mandates, and reduce risk to brands and reputations.
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase2 feature included on all SED and SED FIPS3 drives reduces the time required to overwrite a drive from hours to less than a minute, making drive retirement safe, fast and easy.
IT Pros Rate Seagate Enterprise HDDs as Best-In-Class for a 2nd Consecutive Year
Seagate was selected by IT professionals as the 2013 and 2014 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support and Innovation Leaders.
- Component for
- HDD capacity
- 1200 GB
- HDD interface transfer rate
- 12 Gbit/s
- HDD size
- HDD speed
- 10000 RPM
- Operating shock
- 25 G
- Operating temperature (T-T)
- 0 - 55 °C
- Operating voltage
- 5 V
- Power consumption (typical)
- 7.25 W
- 100.5 mm
- 15 mm
- 193 g
- 70.1 mm